Job Summary: Efficiently transport a wide range of items to or from customers in a manner that meets customer requirements.
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Position Type: Full-Time, Hourly Non-Exempt
- Observe and adhere to Precision Coil and Rotor safety procedures.
- Maintain Precision Coil and Rotor quality standards.
- Transport and deliver goods in accordance with a schedule, including emergency, rush deliveries or pick-ups that require overtime.
- Verify count and condition of transported items, reporting any damage as applicable.
- Secure loads properly.
- Assure that loads are within weight limits.
- Operate truck in a safe manner.
- Comply with all Department of Transportation (DOT) standards and regulations.
- Report any vehicle problems or defects to supervisor immediately.
- Maintain vehicle in a manner that projects positive company image to customers and the general public.
- Maintain a good driving record.
- Ensure good customer relations by consistently delivering orders on time and by acting in a courteous, professional manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Required & Preferred Skills:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- Valid driver’s license with clear driving history required
- Yearly physical certification required
- Ability to deal with customers effectively and promote strong company image required
- CDL preferred